Thursday, September 21, 2006

Gasp, I Hope Not!


As I sit in our home office this rainy evening I am taking a moment to remember the most beautiful summer that has just passed.


I hear that this weekend is going to be nice (sunny) so I am trying to be patient. I hope to see the sun again. In Alberta there is always one more sunny day to come. However, all this rain has me in the mood for a batch of borscht. So this weekend, rain or shine, I am going to the farmers market for some beets.

Do you have a favourite recipe?


1 comment:

Colleen said...

Well... did you know that there is German borschtsch,Lithuanian barsciai, East Prussian Bartsch, Polish barszcz, Russian borshch, and Romanian bors. All are slightly different, but most ask for a dollop of sour cream at the end. Go to borscht belt for some fun info.